Sully First Reformed Church – Reopening Guidelines
Dear members of Sully First Reformed, we the consistory have voted and approved a plan and set of guidelines to have in person church services again, beginning May 24, 2020. We look forward to meeting in fellowship and praise to our Lord and Savior. In the best interest of our health and the health of others we ask you to follow these guidelines. First if you are ill or have been exposed to Covid -19, or do not want to risk being in social groups yet, please stay home and watch the service on line.
• As you enter church, a greeter will be at each door to open it for you, and give directions. As you enter the church a table with hand sanitizer, a mask if you want to use one (please take mask home with you for disposal), and a box for your offering will be available. There will only be three entrances used at this time.
• From the north parking lot, enter into the north door of the Gathering place, and move into the hallway, and proceed to the left up the steps into the front of the sanctuary, and fill seats from the front to the back or proceed into the wing. Someone will help direct you to open spaces.
• From the south parking lots enter either the south door of the Gathering place or south doors of the sanctuary. The elevator will be available for use. Go up the steps and to the sanctuary, we will use the outside aisles, to seat people using every other row of chairs. We ask to maintain a three chair spacing between families, If parents and grandkids want to sit together they may without spacing.
• The Gathering Place will be roped off and only used for overflow if seating capacity is reached in the wing and main sanctuary.
• All other entries will be locked, no entry into the basement, balcony, church office, kitchen, or Legacy room.
• Drinking fountains will off limits.
• After the service is over people will be dismissed by rows to help maintain distancing. Doors will be propped open weather permitting.
• We will be taking pictures of the congregation before the service begins for future reference. Why? In case an individual contracts COVID-19, those around them can be notified.
• Bathrooms in the Gathering place and by the elevator will be open, please limit number of people using at one time. There will be no coffee time after the service.
• There will be no nursery or children’s church at this time. We hope to start these ministries at a later date.
• The church service will be limited in some areas. We will only sing three songs, two at the start of church and one at the end of the service. When social guidelines relax, a children’s message will be given.
• Offering boxes will be placed at church entrances.
• Impact and Faithwalkers leaders will be working on plans with their groups as options become available.
We would like to encourage everyone to come to church again when they feel comfortable attending, we are implementing these guidelines so that those who want to attend can do so in a safe manner.
Consistory, Sully First Reformed Church
- Live streaming is available through our website at sullyfrc.org - Watch Online - This will be prerecorded, and you will be able to watch anytime on Sunday morning. (You can also find a link at the bottom of the page).
- There will be announcements via the church website as well as through email.
During this time of uncertainty, we believe God calls us to trust and continue to respond in faith. As you consider this, we want to remind you of the different ways you may still give to First Reformed Church.
- You may mail your tithes and offerings to the church at P.O. Box 208, Sully, IA 50251. You may also bring it to the church office Monday - Friday, 8 - 3 pm.
- If you prefer to give with cash, please put in an envelope & bring to the church office.
- Online through the church website at www.sullyfrc.org. You may set up as a one time or recurring gift (you can also find a link at the bottom of the page).
- ACH contributions which is a convenient way to give directly from your checking account. A PDF form is attached at the bottom of the page or you may pick up a form in the church office. Submit your completed form to Sharla Van Wyk or the church office. All information will be kept confidential and secure. Changes can be made at any time.
- Deposits can be made through the drive-thru or night deposit box at First State Bank. Please indicate that you want to deposit either a check or cash into the First Reformed Church of Sully account.
- Care teams are ready to respond to needs and prayer requests.
- If you have any spiritual or physical needs (food and grocery, medicine or mail pick up etc.) please feel free to contact the church office where church volunteers are ready to be contacted for follow up.
- We will be updating the congregation as the situation demands via our website www.sullyfrc.org and through Facebook and email.
We pray God will continue to move and His Kingdom be advanced in all these things. We are praying for you in these unsettling times but know that God is still in control.
Pastor Wayne and FRC Consistory